How to Memorize Scripture by NavigatorsPurchase from Amazon Purchase from Amazon (Kindle) Download Scriptures Here VerseMinder App
Topical Memory System by Navigators
If you want to memorize Scripture, but aren't sure what to memorize or how, this system is exactly what you need to begin hiding God's word in your heart.
|LIVE THE NEW LIFE|
|Christ the Center||2 Corinthians 5:17||Galatians 2:20|
|Obedience to Christ||Romans 12:1||John 14:21|
|The Word||2 Timothy 3:16||Joshua 1:8|
|Prayer||John 15:7||Philippians 4:6,7|
|Fellowship||Matthew 18:20||Hebrews 10:24,25|
|Witnessing||Matthew 4:19||Romans 1:16|
|All Have Sinned||Romans 3:23||Isaiah 53:6|
|Sin's Penalty||Romans 6:23||Hebrews 9:27|
|Christ Paid the Penalty||Romans 5:8||1 Peter 3:18|
|Salvation is not by Works||Ephesians 2:8,9||Titus 3:5|
|Must Receive Christ||John 1:12||Revelation 3:20|
|Assurance of Salvation||1 John 5:13||John 5:24|
|RELY ON GOD'S RESOURCES|
|His Spirit||1 Corinthians 3:16||1 Corinthians 2:12|
|His Strength||Isaiah 41:10||Philippians 4:13|
|His Faithfulness||Lamentations 3:22,23||Numbers 23:19|
|His Peace||Isaiah 26:3||1 Peter 5:7|
|His Provision||Romans 8:32||Philippians 4:19|
|His Help in Temptation||Hebrews 2:18||Psalms 119:9,11|
|BE CHRIST'S DISCIPLE|
|Put Christ First||Matthew 6:33||Luke 9:23|
|Separate From the World||1 John 2:15,16||Romans 12:2|
|Be Steadfast||1 Corinthians 15:58||Hebrews 12:3|
|Serve Others||Mark 10:45||2 Corinthians 4:5|
|Give Generously||Proverbs 3:9,10||2 Corinthians 9:6,7|
|Develop World Vision||Acts 1:8||Matthew 28:19,20|
|GROW IN CHRISTLIKENESS|
|Love||John 13:34,35||1 John 3:18|
|Humility||Philippians 2:3,4||1 Peter 5:5,6|
|Purity||Ephesians 5:3||1 Peter 2:11|
|Honesty||Leviticus 19:11||Acts 24:16|
|Faith||Hebrews 11:6||Romans 4:20,21|
|Good Works||Galatians 6:9,10||Matthew 5:16|
Reasons for Committing Scripture to Memory
- Help in avoiding sin. Psalm 119:11 I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
- Comfort in affliction Psalm 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.
- Spiritual Life Psalm 119:93 I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have given me life.
- Wisdom Psalm 119:98-100Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, for I keep your precepts.
- Delight Psalm 119:103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
- Guidance Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- Hope Psalm 119:114 You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word.
- Peace Psalm 119:165 Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.
- A Heart of Worship Psalm 119:117-172 My lips will pour forth praise, for you teach me your statutes. My tongue will sing of your word, for all your commandments are right.
- Freedom John 8:31-32 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- Makes Scripture readily available to teach, witness, encourage or reprove others 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
- Increased Faith Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
- Victory Over Temptation Mt 4:4 But he answered, “It is written, ‘ Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” (This is from the account of Jesus’ temptation in the wilderness. Jesus answered each of Satan’s temptations by saying, ‘It is written...’ then quoting a Scripture from memory.)
- Confidence In Prayer 1 John 5:14-15 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.
- To Imitate Jesus’ Own Example 1 John 5:14-15 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.